Halloween Dressing Up raised £103.42. Table Top Sale raised £86.35. of £189.77 Cake Sale raised £520.75.
So events this term so far have now raised £710.52.
THANK YOU ALL!
Christmas Card Orders are now closed. Any further orders received will be returned unfulfilled with apologies.
UPCOMING PTA EVENTS
Raffle Tickets on Sale from 26th November in playground!
Winter Fayre - Friday 3rd December
A BIG WELCOME TO ALL OF YOU TO OUR FAIRLIGHT PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION!
The PTA's main focus is to support educational opportunities for our school community.
To this end, each year, the PTA raises thousands of pounds towards supporting learning and investing in our children, to ensure that Every Individual Child Achieves.
In 2017, we became a registered charity, after reaching a fundraising total of £10,000 in one year. The reason behind this change was to allow the PTA to make bids for cash to charitable trusts on the school's behalf that, as a state-maintained rather than private, academy or free school, Fairlight is not able by law to access, that would make a significant difference to our children's lives.
The PTA was proud to put this new charitable status and the opportunities it gives us to good use, to provide our children with the engaging and creative outdoor learning environment that they and every child deserves irrespective of funding.
In addition to the Playground project, the PTA is able to make grants of money for classroom activities and resources, the garden and library, school book bags for new starters in Reception and cheap, inclusive, fun events for the children and parents/carers of the school to enjoy.
Some of our regular events include:
- The Spooky Disco in October.
- The Christmas Fair in December.
- The Spring Bunny Hop Disco in March.
- The Summer Fair in July.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED!
All parents, carers, governors and staff in our school community are automatically members of the PTA. We are always happy to meet you and don't be afraid to approach any of us in the playground to say hello!
- Join the PTA committee, elected each autumn at our AGM. We are always excited for new parents, carers and teaching staff to join us.
- Join and help with an Events team: they are always eager to hear from anyone who has even a spare hour to help set something up, sell tickets, pick up some supplies or can be there on the day!
- Fund-raising: we are always interested in hearing from anyone who has ideas and contacts in fundraising, event management and business or entertainment who might be able to lend their professional expertise or support.
- Sponsored events: do you have an idea for a sponsored event? Would you like to raise money on our behalf? Let us know!
- Local companies are invited especially to donate prizes to our fair raffles, in return for a spot on our posters and a shout-out to all of our fair visitors.
- Everyone who comes to one of our events is helping us to raise much needed funds. Thank you!
If you'd like to find out more please email us at email@example.com
If you have any ideas or comments about your PTA, there is a suggestion box in the School Office. Please let us know if you have any fundraising ideas, or any other ideas to make your PTA even bigger and better!
PTA Chairperson & Trustee
Fairlight PTA is a registered charity, No.: 1172223
Trustees: Robert Whatman, Nyawa Bottomley