Safety Rocks Summer Newsletter
JUNE 2019 WORKSHOPS
News and Diary
The UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste.
- We redistribute surplus food from the food industry which would otherwise go to waste.
- We reach 1500 town and cities across the UK.
- We distribute to frontline charities and community groups.
- Last year we redistributed enough food for 36.7 million meals
Fairlight is one of the many community groups supported by FareShare .
We receive a donation once a week. This can include, fruit, veg, bread, tinned items, cereal and household cleaning supplies.
If you feel any of the above could help you, support you and your family. The Children’s Centre will be open every Friday, starting 14th September 2.45 – 3.10pm
Entrance will be through the Children’s Centre gate, near the main door.
We have no idea until the donation is collected as to how much is being given. So would ask you only take what you need. You will need to provide your own bag.
We have been informed by the Local Authority that there is an Islamophobic letter circulating on social media and being sent to individuals across the country encouraging hate crime on a particular day. There is an update on this from National Organisation TellMama.
Many Muslim pupils are expressing an understandable concern for their safety and wellbeing and that of their families. Below is information on how to report hate crime.
Reporting hate crime
• Police on 999 in an emergency, non-emergency Sussex Police: 101
• Safer Communities (01273) 292735 (Monday – Friday 9-5)
• You can find more information and also report all hate incidents through Safe In The City websitehttp://www.safeinthecity.info/getting-help/religiously-motivated-incidents
• Tell Mama (anti-Muslim hate crime) www.tellmamauk.org