School Improvement Plan
KEY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES FOR CHANGE 2019-2020
ENGLISH- Phonics and reading.
- Develop effective strategies and approaches to planning in Key Stage 2 to ensure both reading and writing outcomes are successful for all pupils through whole class reading.
- To implement the use of fully decodable books so that children apply the phonic decoding as the root to early reading.
- To ensure high quality phonics teaching.
MATHS- The Mastery Approach.
- For all children to become better problem solvers in Maths and to know strategies for tackling problem solving.
- To develop the mathematical fluency of all children so that they know key mathematical facts and methods and can recall these efficiently
CURRICULUM- What are we learning and how are we learning it.
- To develop a high quality Fairlight Curriculum.
- To improve children’s learning skills through metacognition and self-regulated learning to ensure they become more responsible independent learners and to improve meaningful learning.
ONGOING AREAS FOR CHANGE 2019-2020
EYFS- High quality Early Years Education.
- To implement high quality early years provision through an innovative strategy for delivery.
PLAY- The importance of Play.
- Continue to develop Play for all children using the OPAL approach.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT- Finances and facilities for Learning.
- To provide finances and high quality facilities to support teaching and learning.
INCLUSION- Happy Healthy Children and School Community.
- To promote positive emotional health and well being to help children understand and express their feelings, build confidence and emotional resilience and therefore their capacity to learn.