SCHOOL UNIFORM AT FAIRLIGHT
All children are asked to wear school uniform to school every day at Fairlight unless there is a special non-uniform day being held.
At the current time however we have relaxed the school uniform to allow children to wear clothes to school that may be more appropriate to what they are doing (e.g. wear your PE kit all day on the day we have PE to cut down on the bags needed) but also to allow those parents who wish to wash clothes at the end of every day.
Please click below to be taken direct to Sussex Uniforms Website. Or call them on 01444 227066.
WHY WE CONTIUE TO WEAR SCHOOL UNIFORM?
We pride ourselves on looking smart and well presented, both within school and when on school visits.
Wearing our school uniform creates a sense of community and belonging. It minimises competitiveness about clothes and ensures that children are appropriately dressed for a busy and active day.
At Fairlight Primary and Nursery School we ask that all children wear the correct school uniform and adhere to our jewellery policy.
As part of the Parent Supportive Code, parents have agreed:
We dress appropriately when attending school and ensure our children do so as well. We ensure our children wear the correct uniform for school.
HOW WE CHOOSE OUR UNIFORM?
The choices around our uniform were made by the children to support parents and most importantly children to wear the uniform.
Black footwear for example allowed parents to choose between "school Shoes" and black trainers. Black or grey trousers or skirts allowed parents to purchase from a range of sources.
We have also tried to choose the easiest styles and colours that ALL major supermarkets stock.
OUR SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Navy blue jumpers / cardigans/ fleece or hoody.
- Plain or Logo can be purchased from our Uniform Shop
- White polo t-shirt
- One with school logo or can be purchased from our Uniform Shop
- Grey or black smart school style trousers
- Grey or black skirts
- Grey or black pinafore dresses
- Styles can be purchased from our Uniform Shop
- Blue/White Gingham Summer Dresses
- School shoes PLAIN BLACK (No heels and avoid branded trainers with patterns.)
- We permit trainers but ONLY PLAIN BLACK
- Sun-hats or caps to be worn during the summer for outside play and PE. These can be purchased from our Uniform Shop.
- A school book-bag to be brought in every day – these can be purchased from our Uniform Shop.
PE KIT- Please keep PE kit in school all week
- Navy shorts or Joggers
- Black or white plimsolls or trainers
- Plain white t-shirt (Reception children)
- House colour t-shirt (Years 1 - 6)
- To be kept in a small drawstring PE Bag
All clothes should be clearly labelled with your child’s name to aid identification of mislaid items. Sharpie pens to write in white labels are fine for this purpose.
All lost property will be in the office or returned to class.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Long hair should be neatly tied back, or plaited, at all times, not just for PE.
- Hair should be natural colour – no dyes or bright colours in stripes or dips.
- Cool haircuts only!!
- Children are not permitted to wear jewellery at school.
The only exceptions to this are:
- A small, plain watch, which is the responsibility of the child throughout the day.
- Very small, plain stud or sleeper earrings – no fancy styles, gems or stones. Hoops or dangly earrings are not permitted.
- Make-up, temporary tattoos and nail varnish are not permitted at school.