All school and organisations have had to completed and undertake a range of measures to ensure they are safe and able to reopen following lockdown
At Fairlight Primary and Nursery School we have safely been open during the whole of lockdown- including Bank Holidays. This has been down to the amazing efforts of all of the staff and the fantastic support we have received from parents.
This has also been possible due to ensuring that we are 100% up to date with the relevant guidance and advices that have been sent from the Local Authority, Health Authority, Public Health and Department of Education.
Of course the reality has been how we have interpreted this information and how we have practically put it into place.
Additional cleaning during the school day. Staggered entry systems. Parents waiting outside of the school. Increased sanitation points. The list is endless.
To capture the overarching information the school have completed a Wider Re-Opening Risk Assessment that was reviewed by Brighton and Hove Council Health and Safety team as well as the major teaching unions.
This is being constantly (weekly) reviewed and amended. It is also being monitored by the Governing Body in their role.
If you have any comments then please contact the school office.
Should we require to return to Childcare Provision due to either a localised or National lockdown this is the criteria we have used previously for information.
We continue to use the criteria of Key Worker
All places must have been booked. This is not first come first served. Our Admissions criteria is prioritised as:
1. Key Worker Children- where both parents are Key Worker
2. Key Worker Children- where one parent is a Key Worker
2. Vulnerable Children.
A letter from your employer may be required.
To clarify ChildCare Provision is only open to children:
- whose parents are KeyWorkers and working on the dates/ times that the children are in ChildCare Provision,
- who have a social worker,
- who have an EHCP,
- who the school have offered a place to.
Whilst we appreciate some parents have been using Childcare to give them a break or to allow them to get things done we can only offer this service now to give Childcare for when you are working. This is also the same if there is another member of the household who is at home and can provide Childcare.
Childcare will now be restricted to 30 children maximum per day. Giving us 3 Pods of 10 children- a bubble of 30 children in total.
Important Changes to Childcare Provision are:
- Access to and from Childcare will now be through the Nursery Entrance- where you will be asked to adhere to social distancing queuing. No access will be given via the School Gates or Front Door.
- Breakfast Club will Open for Access from 8.00am-8.15am- any arrival after this will not be able to attend until 8.45am
- ChildCare Provision will Open for Access from 8.45am-9.00am- any arrival after this will not be able to attend on this day.
- ChildCare Provision will finish and children will need to be collected from 3.00pm-3.15pm.
- After School Club will finish no later than 6.00pm. Children can be collected from 3.15-6.00pm at the Nursery Entrance.
- No toys or equipment can be brought from home. Just lunchboxes and phones if required.
- School Uniform is optional.
- Free School Dinners will remain in place until Friday 12th June (if this changes we will update you).
Any parent who sends their children to Childcare Provision must agree that in the event that they show symptoms of Covid 19 that they will ensure that they get an urgent test to confirm if they have it. Anyone who has come into direct contact with them will be required to isolate and not attend for either 14 days or until a negative test result has been given- hence the need to be tested otherwise everyone in their Pod, Bubble and Family will be required to isolate for 14 days also.
Children will not be able to attend Childcare Provision if:
- they have not received a confirmation of an offer of a place,
- are late
- are unwell,
- parents do not agree to and adhere to the rules around attendance.
Please complete the required information below.
By requesting a place you are agreeing to all of the Rules for attendance.