The next booking window will open Tuesday 12th January 2021 at 8am and close on Thursday 14th at 12 noon.
GOVERNMENT RECOMMENEDED SAFETY MEASURES
This is the Governments recommended safety measures during the current time for schools.
All of those who attend school will be expected to undertake measures at all times. Anyone who does not or is not able to adhere to these will not be able to attend.
1) Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who are required to stay at home do not attend school.
2) Where recommended, the use of face coverings in schools.
3) Clean hands thoroughly more often than usual.
4) Ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
5) Introduce enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents.
6) Minimise contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
7) Where necessary, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
8) Always keeping occupied spaces well ventilated.
Numbers 1 to 5, and number 8, must be in place in all schools, all the time.
Number 6 must be properly considered and schools must put in place measures that suit their particular circumstances.
Number 7 applies in specific circumstances.
Response to any infection
9) Engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
10) Manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community.
11) Contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
Numbers 9 to 11 must be followed in every case where they are relevant.
Childcare Provision January 2021
As we return to Childcare Provision this is the way we have used previously however please read it carefully as there have been a few changes.
We will be booking for the two week blocks.
If your child can access Remote Learning at home then they must access this at home and not attend Childcare Provision.
If there is another member of the household who is at home and can provide Childcare then children must access this even if this is just one day a week. This is also not about if they are capable of doing this role- if they are home your child should be also.
Childcare at Fairlight is completely full each day and therefore we may not be able to offer places to everyone who applies hence why we are having to be stricter over the allocation process.
As before you are applying to be considered for a place- applying does not mean you have been given a place.
The Government have updated their advice to schools in light of the huge demand for Childcare places. It now reads:
Parents and carers should keep their children at home if they can
FIRSTLY- SHOULD YOU BE SENDING YOUR CHILD IN
This is a huge area of contention. And something that is causing me (along with all Headteachers and teachers) huge concerns.
If the government continues to add adults to the list whose children they think should be in school- either as a Key Worker or due to their home circumstances then we might as well be open to everyone.
If we are open to everyone then it is not safe. The number of cases and deaths will continue to rise and lockdown will be in place for months and months.
We have seen a greater increase in people wanting places in school this time hence why we are having to be a lot stricter about the criteria.
I read this article this week and wanted to share it with you as it echoes the thoughts of many Headteachers and schools.
We are expecting the government to have to make additional changes as the lockdown is clearly not working yet and schools should not have the number of children in them that many are seeing.
Fairlight parents have on the most part been very good however please read everything carefully and consider what has been said before applying. And also be prepared that if numbers increase further we will have to start limiting numbers further and saying NO to parents. In all categories. Key worker and Vulnerable.
The school has the final decision so reporting us or complaining is not going to make us change the provision. The Health and Safety of all is the priority and the responsibility of the school.
SECONDLY- CHECK IF YOU MEET THE CRITERIA AND UNDER WHICH CATEGORY
We continue to use the criteria of Critical Worker- PLEASE CHECK THIS AS IT HAS BEEN UPDATED.
All places must have been booked.
This is not first come first served.
Our Admissions criteria is prioritised as:
1. Critical Worker Children- where both parents are Critical Workers and both working during the school day full time.
2. Critical Worker Children- where one parent is a Critical Worker and no other parent is at home or able to provide childcare.
3. Vulnerable Children- by invite.
A letter from your employer will be required outlining your working days/hours/pattern. Critical Worker employers are able to provide this. Once we have this we do not require this again- however if you are applying under Criteria 2 we will need proof of the second parent status.
To clarify ChildCare Provision is only open to children:
- whose parents are Critical Workers and working on the dates/ times that the children are in ChildCare Provision,
- who have a social worker- by invite,
- who have an EHCP- by invite,
- who the school have offered a place to.
Whilst we appreciate some parents have been using Childcare to give them a break (including sleep) or to allow them to get things done we can only offer this service now to give Childcare for when you are working. This is also the same if there is another member of the household who is at home and can provide Childcare.
Childcare will be restricted to around 40 children maximum per day. Giving us 2 Pods of children- a single overall bubble of around 40 children in total.
THIRDLY- READ THE PROVISION REGARDING TIMES AND WHAT WE CAN OFFER
Important changes and rules around Childcare Provision are:
- Access to and from Childcare will now be through the FRONT ENTRANCE- where you will be asked to adhere to social distancing queuing. No access will be given via the School Gates or other entrances.
- Breakfast Club will Open for Access from 8.00am-8.15am- any arrival after this will not be able to attend until 8.45am
- ChildCare Provision will Open for Access from 8.45am-9.00am- any arrival after this will not be able to attend on this day.
- ChildCare Provision will finish and children will need to be collected at 3.00pm from the Front Entrance.
- After School Club will finish no later than 5.00pm. Children can be collected from 3.15-5.00pm at the Front Entrance- please indicate when dropping off what time you will be collecting.
- No toys or equipment can be brought from home. Just lunchboxes and phones if required.
- School Uniform is optional.
- Children attending Childcare will be completing learning provided by Classteachers each day in school where possible.
- Free School Dinners will be given.
NEXT READ THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T SEND IN YOUR CHILD
Your child in Childcare will be mixing with a larger number of other people than if they were at home. In the event we do get a case linked to childcare then they will have to isolate for 10 days- which may then mean you having to take time off work to be with them.
Any parent who sends their children to Childcare Provision must agree that in the event that they show symptoms of Covid 19 that they will ensure that they get an urgent test to confirm if they have it. Anyone who has come into direct contact with them will be required to isolate and not attend for either 10 days or until a negative test result has been given- hence the need to be tested otherwise everyone in their Pod, Bubble and Family will be required to isolate for 10 days also.
Children will not be able to attend Childcare Provision if:
- they have not received a confirmation of an offer of a place,
- are late
- are unwell (including significantly raised temperature),
- parents do not agree to and adhere to the rules around attendance.
LASTLY CLICK HERE AND APPLY
Please complete the required information at this link which will open Tuesday 12th January 2021 at 8am and close on Thursday 14th at 12 noon.