At Fairlight Primary & Nursery School, we strive to be a place where pupils, staff, helpers, families and other visitors will be made welcome and comfortable and where we will treat each other with respect.
- We believe that all children and young people have the right to protection from neglect and abuse and that their welfare is of paramount importance. Fairlight Primary & Nursery School is a place where learning and personal development takes place in a climate of trust and confidence and where we value everyone's unique contribution to our community.
- Everyone has a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
- All staff and volunteers working in the school have a duty to ensure that children are safe and protected. We all have a duty to ensure that if there are any concerns relating to the welfare or safety of a child, the pan-Sussex child protection procedures are followed.
- We will always try to work in partnership with families. However if there is any conflict between the needs of the child or young person and those of parents/carers or professionals, the needs of the young person will always come first.
- The school's Child Protection Policy can be accessed on the school’s website or you can request a copy from the school office. If you have any safeguarding concerns during or as a result of your visit, please report them to the staff below:
- The designated senior people for Child Protection are Donna Barber (Assistant Head) and Damien Jordan (Headteacher).