P.E and Sports Premium Funding
At Fairlight Primary & Nursery School, the Primary Physical Education and Sport Premium funding 2018-19 was used to help improve the following five key indicators across the school:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy, active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
As a school we have used the funding specifically towards:
- Investment to improve school equipment contributing to the delivery of high quality PE lessons.
- Staff training to build capability and capacity.
- Targeted provision for vulnerable pupils. We piloted a series of curriculum based yoga and mindfulness classes to support vulnerable pupils. Children learnt strategies to manage their anxiety, to help them maintain focus and to help them control their feelings and behaviour so they can better access classroom learning and achieve their potential.
- Delivering additional swimming lessons for year 3 pupils and an intensive swimming programme for year 5 pupils.
- Increasing the variety and sustainability of extended school provision and increasing the number of vulnerable pupils accessing extra curricular activities.
- Increasing participation of all pupils in competitive sports.
It is our aim to continue to enhance the teaching and learning in PE at Fairlight and to make the best use of our resources.
Read our Impact Statement detailing how the Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding was spent in 2018-19.