P.E and Sports Premium Funding
At Fairlight Primary and Nursery School, The Primary Physical Education and Sport Premium funding (£9595) was used to help improve the following five key indicators across the school:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy, active lifestyles.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
As a school we have used the funding specifically towards
-Increased participation in competitive sport.
-Introducing a Broad range of sports through Healthy Body and Healthy Mind week.
-Increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of teachers in Dance, Gymnastics, use of balance bikes in foundation, Multiskills and Swimming after identifying areas of need.
It is our aim to continue to enhance the teaching and learning in PE at Fairlight and to make the best use of our resources. By improving our provision we will raise participation rates and achievement for all pupils. We are keen to build on our current good practice and use the funding in ways that can be sustained.