Our vision & values
FAIRLIGHT PRIMARY AND NURSERY SCHOOL
A GUIDE TO OUR VISION AND PURPOSE
This guide describes the vison and purpose of Fairlight Primary and Nursery School. It sets out who we are, what we stand for and how we will work together to maintain a clear sense of purpose. Use it to understand how our vision, purpose, values and behaviours guide the approach we take.
HOW IT FLOWS
What is Vision and Purpose and why do we need them?
Our Vision sets out our ambition for the future, to guide us and inspire us in all that we do.
Our Purpose sets out why we exist and the contribution our school makes to achieving our vision.
We are more than 70+ staff in roles in a range of different roles across the school.
We must be consistent in how we describe our role and the difference we will make, so that the children we work with and the parents may hold us to account.
Every individual child achieves
Fairlight Primary and Nursery School will be a learning environment tailored to every child, their individual needs and abilities and will enable them to develop to their full potential.
We work together to improve the learning and lives of all members of the Fairlight Primary and Nursery School community.
OUR BEHAVIOURS: Leading by Example
The behaviours we expect to see from all members of the school community can be captured in 3 documents. The Code of Conduct for Staff, the Parent Supportive Code and The Code of Conduct for Pupils- which includes the Learning Superheroes and the Learning Ladder.
Our behaviours are captured in the Code of Conduct for Staff.
- We are valued members of Fairlight Primary and Nursery School.
- We act as role models for the children and all members of the school community.
- We act in a professional manner at all times.
- We dress appropriately for the role we are undertaking.
- We adhere to the policies and procedures agreed by the school.
- We follow the agreed school routines.
- We respect the school environment and the right for everyone to be safe at school.
- We communicate positively about all aspects of the school and with members of the school community.
The parent behaviours are captured in the Parent Supportive Code.
We are valued members of Fairlight Primary and Nursery School
- We are all welcome at the school
- We are all members of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- We are represented by Parent Governors on the schools governing body
We are active parents at all times
- We attend relevant meetings to ensure we are up to date in our knowledge e.g. parents evening
- We read relevant communications e.g. letters, texts, the school website
- We ensure our children undertake learning linked to school at home e.g. reading, learning at home
We dress appropriately when attending school and ensure our children do so as well
- We ensure our children wear the correct uniform for school
We adhere to the policies and procedures agreed by the school
- We report all/ any concerns immediately
- We feedback information to the school immediately and where required
We follow the agreed school routines
- We ensure our children attend school regularly and on time
- We report children’s absence immediately
We respect the school environment and the right for everyone to be safe at school
- We are respectful of our neighbours and the local community around the school
- We take responsibility for the safety of ourselves by entering and exiting the premises safely
- We do not smoke on the school premises or in the area outside the main entrances
- We drive carefully and park responsibly around the school
- We do not drop litter in or around the school
We communicate positively about all aspects of the school and with members of the school community by acting as role models for the children and all members of the school community
- We speak positively about and to all
- We are polite and respectful in our communications- we do not use bad language
- We do not engage in any form of negative social media about children or the school
These values underpin all that we do.
Multicultural Respect Friendly Learning Technology Inclusive
Community Creative Healthy Fun Supportive